What is the Green Business Programme?
Green Business is a free and confidential resource efficiency service for all types of SMEs in Ireland.
The service is funded by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the National Waste Prevention Programme with the objective of delivering substantive resource efficiency improvements and cost savings, through waste prevention and reductions in water and energy consumption.
Businesses can request a free site visit carried out by our experienced GreenBusiness advisors. Assessments are undertaken by independent professional environmental consultants.
A report is then produced which provides recommendations for resource efficiency savings. All information is treated as confidential and is not passed to any other party.
Who is involved?
The service is funded by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the National Waste Prevention Programme but the programme is run by the long standing and independent environmental consultancy Clean Technology Centre (CTC). CTC has been a leading international proponent of resource efficiency since 1992.
Only CTC interacts with companies who sign up to GreenBusiness and they will not divulge any information received to any other party. Information received by CTC from the companies remains completely confidential.
What can GreenBusiness Offer my Company?
Here’s what Green Business can provide:
- Green Business provides free onsite Resource Efficiency Assessments (REAs) carried out by our experts, to help reduce your water, waste and energy bills.
- All work carried out by Green Business is 100% confidential and information is not shared with any third party.
- A report is issued following an onsite visit, which identifies resource efficiency opportunities specific to your business. The report will identify a number of opportunities, which will be a mixture of ‘no-cost’, ‘low-cost’ and also opportunities that may require some investment.
- Green Business will follow up with you after approximately 6 months to see how you are getting on with the report.
- Green Business will also assist you in writing a Case Study of the improvement and cost savings you have made following the site visit and follow up work.
What kind of savings can I make and how?
The savings from GreenBusiness companies have been substantial, depending on the company, its current practices and what kinds of changes it carries out.
To see what has been achieved in other companies click here.
How can I keep in touch?
Sign up for our regular Newsletter here. Like us on Facebook here. Follow us on Twitter here.
Who should I contact?
For more information about Green Business click here.
Can I use stuff from this website?
Yes you can but check out our terms and conditions here.